Sunday, April 12, 2009

Quick Coffee Cake

So I was going through my cookbook and wanted to make something I haven't made in a while and came across this recipe my mom had given to me years and years ago. She doesn't do much baking anymore (she has me... Ha!) and I know she loves this coffee cake so I made this for her for Easter. It's a dense coffee cake with cinnamon streusal on top. Recipe is below!


Ingredients:
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Milk
(Cinnamon Streusal recipe below)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream sugar, butter and egg together.
  3. Add Vanilla.
  4. Sift flour & baking powder together.
  5. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to batter mixture, beating well.
  6. Pour in well greased & floured 10x10x2 pan.
Cinnamon Streusal Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
-------------
Mix well, and spread on top of cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until knife comes out clean. My mom loves nuts on her cake so I added about 2 cups of chopped Walnuts to the streusal before placing in oven. You could also add raisins or whatever else you like!
This is what it looks like before you place it in the oven:
This is what it looks like when it's done:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment