Saturday, April 3, 2010

2-Layer Easter Cake







I think this cake came out pretty good considering it was my first attempt at basket-weaving the frosting! This is a 2-layer chocolate cake with blue basket-weave frosting, green colored coconut and the eggs are made of fondant. I didn't have any jelly beans and was actually going to cover the whole cake in fondant but decided not to at the last minute, so just made eggs from some of the fondant.

The basket-weaves didn't come out exactly as I'd hoped, next time I'll be sure to do the vertical weaves first, place in the fridge, and when they harden I'll then do the rest. Lesson learned :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the visit to my blog and the "Follow." I love to bake and I guess Pies are what I do best. I'm now following you as well.

    ReplyDelete